We are the Medicare Quality Improvement Organization, working to improve the quality of care for Medicare beneficiaries. Our site offers beneficiary and family-centered care information for providers, patients, and families. Welcome!
news and announcements
This page includes announcements about the coronavirus (COVID-19) that are relevant to healthcare providers. For more detailed information about COVID-19, please visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website.
kepro's bfcc services
During the current COVID-19 situation, please know that Kepro’s Beneficiary and Family Centered Care Quality Improvement Organization (BFCC-QIO) services remain available. Kepro staff will be working remotely away from our offices. To help avoid any delays with cases, we are asking providers to please submit all medical records electronically.
Starting October 1, 2020, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) regulations require providers to send medical records to Kepro electronically. Please visit our Medical Record Electronic Submission page for details.
news and articles
- COVID-19: Risk of death more than doubled in people who also had flu, English data show
(Source: British Medical Journal)
- Weekly Surveillance Summary of U.S. COVID-19 Activity
(Source: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
- COVID-19 Vaccination Implementation and the "Vaccinate with Confidence" Strategy
This webinar updates healthcare professionals on CDC's COVID-19 vaccine planning and implementation, including vaccine distribution strategy and current state planning efforts.
toolkits and fact sheets
- CMS Virtual Toolkit to help you stay up-to-date on CMS materials.
- CMS Fact Sheet with waiver information, including guidance on the three-day hospital stay prior to admission to a skilled nursing facility.
- Healthcare Operations Toolkit helps hospitals prepare to manage large numbers of patients during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Nursing Home Best Practice Toolkit (PDF) includes state actions to mitigate COVID-19 prevalence in nursing homes.
- Long-Term Care Facility Toolkit will help facilities prepare for COVID-19 vaccination at their facilities.
- CDC Toolkit for Older Adults & People at Higher Risk provides guidance and tools, including vaccination resources, to help older adults and people at higher risk and those who serve or care for them.
- CMS guidance on the delivery of beneficiary notices.
- CMS Current Emergencies website with the latest CMS Memos.
- Medicare Learning Network - Extension of Skilled Nursing Facility Benefit Days
- CMS guidance to safely expand visitation at nursing homes.