Health Literacy Month
We are the Medicare Quality Improvement Organization, working to improve the quality of care for Medicare beneficiaries. Our site offers beneficiary and family-centered care information for providers, patients, and families. Welcome!
october is health literacy month
Navigating the healthcare system can be challenging and confusing.
During the year, and especially in October for Health Literacy Month, we can focus on improving health literacy by using clear communication strategies and techniques. Clear communication means presenting familiar concepts, words, numbers, and images in ways that make sense to the people who need the information.
resources to help healthcare providers and stakeholders in their work with patients and clients
institute for healthcare advancement
- This Toolkit includes resources to use on your digital and social media channels to build awareness of health literacy and encourage others to take action.
- The IHA Health Literacy Solutions Center, an online hub of health literacy resources and tools, serves and connects health professionals from a wide variety of organizations to equip them with the most innovative tools in the field.
us department of health and human services
- Health Literacy Online is a guide that helps you develop health websites and digital health information materials that people can easily access and understand.
- MyHealthfinder is a prevention and wellness resource that you can share with people who have limited health literacy skills.
- Help spread the word by using these sample Twitter messages, graphic, and newsletter content to spread the word about health literacy.
the centers for disease control and prevention (cdc)
- The Understanding Health Literacy web page includes information such as Reports and Evidence on Limited Health Literacy and a link to podcasts so you can listen to health literacy leaders describe their research and practice.
- Subscribe to health literacy weekly update.